Society of Maritime Industries Naval Ships, Ports and Terminal Suppliers
The Society of Maritime Industries is the voice of the UK's maritime business sector promoting and supporting suppliers of equipment and services for all types of commercial and naval ships, ports and terminals infrastructure, offshore oil & gas, and pollution prevention, control and clean-up. The Society is a membership based, not-for-profit trade association.
The UK is a leading provider of equipment for naval vessels of all types and sizes. Details of the products and services that our members provide can be found on our website PRODUCT SEARCH. This Product Search includes many specialist items for naval vessels including, for example, weapon systems and sensors, as well as equipment for every platform system on the vessel. There is also an extensive services section for professional maritime services.
Our aims are:
- To promote and support the domestic and export business of UK companies.
- To improve the UK and European business environment for maritime industries.
- To facilitate communication and networking in the maritime industries.
- To provide marketing and other services to companies in the Society of Maritime Industries.
We deliver our aims through five constituent associations under the Society umbrella:
- British Marine Equipment Association (BMEA)
- British Naval Equipment Association (BNEA)
- British Oil Spill Control Association (BOSCA)
- Association of British Offshore Industries (ABOI)
- Ports and Terminals Group (PTG)
The Society enjoys close liaison and involvement with a range of organisations such as the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD). We are sponsors under the Trade Partners UK SESA (Support for Events and Seminars Abroad) scheme.