ILC Dover Tethered Aerostats for ISR, Lab Chemturion Suit, Sentinel CBRN System
Since 1947, ILC has been active in the design and development of products for both government and industry. Most ILC products are comprised of softgoods materials –products that are flexible by nature and result in solutions to customer problems.
Whether protecting personnel in hostile environments, containing potent pharmaceuticals, or developing unique inflatable devices, ILC has an enviable record of performance. By drawing from a blend of highly qualified personnel and a sound base of both proven and innovative technologies (the same attributes that helped us put man on the moon and cushion rovers on Mars), ILC continues to develop reliable hardware and unique softgoods.
Our Government, commercial, and NASA customers rely on ILC’s multi-disciplined technical expertise to provide innovative softgoods solutions for a wide range of applications. ILC Dover – Creating What’s Next.
Tethered Aerostats for ISR
ILC Dover, L.P. has been developing and manufacturing aerostats, airships and other lighter-than-air (LTA) structures since the early 1970’s. We have produced nearly 200 of these structures ranging in volume from 56,000 ft3 to over 4,000,000 ft3 using various coated and laminated materials comprised of high strength polyester, Vectran™, and Dyneema™ based structural members. These aerostats are used for various ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance) purposes by DoD, including the Army’s Persistent Threat Detection System. Other government agencies employ aerostats for border security and monitoring.
BSL 4 Lab Chemturion Suit
- Used in major BSL 4 labs since the 1970’s
- Excellent visibility and mobility
- Constructed of blue 20 mil Cloropel material
- Visor 40 mil vinyl
- Suit is designed for repeated use
- Available in 8 sizes
- 300 degree visibilty
- Model 3525 has detachable boots
- Model 3530 has built in booties
Sentinel XL™ CBRN System
NIOSH CBRN Approved TC-23C-2312 - CBRN Applications
High performance features:
- Unique lay-flat butyl hood design
- Cap 2 NIOSH-approved loose fitting CBRN PAPR
- System is convertible to HP applications through change of hood/hose and filters
- Audible/visual low battery alarm
- Replacable antimicrobial head strap
- Optional NIOSH approved backpack configuration allows for hands free deployment
SCape® CBRN30 Emergency Escape
High performance features:
- Blower automatically starts when hood is removed
- NO nosecup or mouthbit dramaticaly improves communication
- Clear hood/large visor allows user to perform a wide range of tasks
- Quiet 64 LPM blower delivers reliable protection with minimal training and aids breathing for those with respiratory issues
- Military grade canister provides protection against a range of military agents, TIC’s/TIM’s (e.g. ammonia and chlorine)
Inflatable products for use in space
ILC Dover is the world's leader for developing and manufacturing inflatable structures for use in earth orbit, lunar, or planetary exploration. We have decades of experience in the design, test, and production of highly reliable products for a variety of applications in space for NASA and defense customers. We have leveraged our Project Apollo space suit experience and our many technologically innovative inflatable designs to create new and exciting products for space exploration.
Our space products have been used in a variety of space missions from specialized flexible containment covers that protected the Hubble Space Telescope, to impact attenuation airbag systems used on the Mars Pathfinder & Mars Exploration Rover missions, to IRVE that demonstrated the first successful flight of an Inflatable Aerodynamic Decelerator.
Our products, materials development, and technology solutions can be used to enhance any phase of your programs. ILC has solutions for your manufacturing & test activities, ground support equipment, or flight systems.
ILC has proven systems & processes that ensure the highest level of quality and a track record of 100% success on our space missions. Our reliability & safety meets or exceeds all government & NASA requirements in human rated and unmanned systems. We have extensive experience with applied research to create solutions to challenging needs. Our end-to-end capabilities include:
- Systems Engineering
- Design (including human integration)
- Materials development & testing (structures & MLI/MMOD covers)
- Structural & dynamic analysis (including non-linear)
- Manufacture (softgoods, hardware & composites)
- Test, Evaluation & Qualification
- Vehicle Integration
- Flight Support
Contact this Supplier
ILC DoverOne Moonwalker Road
Frederica, Delaware, 19946-2080, USA
Tel: +1 302 335 3911